Access Prevention Resources
The Office of Substance Use and Mental Health (SUMH) encourages and supports community-centered, evidence-based prevention. We aim to provide trusted technical help and oversight as communities apply evidence-based prevention in their communities.
SUMH offers professional training and certification opportunities on a continuous basis.
One of these trainings is the three-day Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist Training (SAPST), which can be given to communities upon request for groups of 12 or larger.
Coaching for those using the Communities That Care framework is also available. If you would like to request training or have questions about technical help, please contact:
- Utah Suicide Prevention State Plan
- opens in a new tabUtah's Registry of Evidence-based Prevention Programs
- opens in a new tabStrategic Prevention Framework
- opens in a new tabCommunities That Care
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- opens in a new tabSuicide Prevention/Mental Health First Aid
- opens in a new tabUtah Epidemiological Workgroup Data System
- Utah SHARP Surveys
- Utah Alcohol Advisory Reports